Perhaps one of the more struggling topics nowadays is the desire in sex in women in their latter life. While a lot of women do get their satisfaction in their relationship, not wanting sex and having a low libido seems to be confused in and of themselves. Wanting to do it with your spouse or your partner with a low libido is an issue that must be addressed.
Hormonal changes seem to be a valid reason why a woman’s sexual drive deteriorates and fluctuates. For one thing, women are busier than they have ever been before – we hold jobs, housework, and our kids and leave very little for ourselves and our nutrition.
These hormonal changes are caused by a number of factors, which are but not limited to:
- Menstruation. A natural occurrence, and of course, unavoidable.
- Post Pregnancy. Since this is the stage where your hormones naturalize their natural levels, the desires tend to fluctuate here a lot.
- Menopause. This is perhaps one of the more pressing matters when it comes to sexual desire. Women also struggle with a myriad of issues here like mood swings.
- Use of Estrogen. Synthetic estrogen is commonly used to balance your hormones if you have hormonal deficiencies. Although they do help stabilize levels of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone in your body, they can also cause your drive to be lessened because of it.
- Exercise and Diet. Much like everything else, your body needs to get in shape and have decent form of nutrition in order to thrive. Although our lives nowadays are busier than ever, leaving space for proper exercise and getting a balanced meal should be made into priority.
Over the Counter vs. Natural Treatment
Although both have differing forms of effectiveness, they have been to work. While over-the-counter medication wins by accessibility and availability; natural treatment has significantly less side-effects and can go hand in hand with your body’s natural processes.
Pill or Gel Form
There are essentially to main types of this female enhancement medication: your pill or your gel form. Pill forms are meant to be taken orally for optimum effect while gels are basically lubricants that directly work in the vagina in order to balance out hormones.
While pills are a more indirect way of dealing with your sex drive, gels directly address the problem. However gels tend to have stronger ingredients in them that might prove problematic for the person applying them so you should always check the active ingredients or better yet, get advice from your physician or doctor if you have problems with continued use.
While some remain skeptical towards natural medication, they have known to work on several occasions, and whether or not its placebo or not it does have its uses. But much like all types of medication, they are best taken in moderation, otherwise they too can have ill-effects on your body.